The seventh chakra, the crown chakra, is found at the top of the head. It is representative of the mind and is thought to provide consciousness to living beings. The crown chakra is the chakra we invoke during meditation and similar practices.
Table of Contents
Crown Chakra Meaning
Synonyms and other names for the crown chakra include the following terms:
- Crown chakra
A few of these are sanskrit terms. Sanskrit is an ancient Indian language which was commonly used to preserve religious texts and poems in Hindu and Buddhist cultures.
Sahasrara can be translated into ‘thousand-petaled’.
Crown Chakra Color
Although the crown chakra is most often associated with the color white, it is also sometimes associated with a dark purple color.
Crown Chakra Symbol
The crown chakra’s symbol includes a circle, endued with 1,000 petals, as described by the sahasrara earlier. It is somewhat in design to the symbol of the full moon, except with added petals and insignia.
Crown Chakra Location
The crown chakra is located right at the top of the head. Some other traditions state it is slightly above the head, sort of like a crown.
Due to it’s location, it is heavily associated with the mind, brain, and nervous system.
Crown Chakra Characteristics
The crown chakra, being associated with the mind, has many characteristics.
These include the following:
- Alertness and consciousness.
- Wisdom and appreciation for that which is sacred.
- Self-realization and self-actualization.
The crown chakra is thought to give one the ability to transcend their current conception and reach higher states of mind. Inner awareness is a key characteristic of the crown chakra.
It is often regarded as being the link between our sense of self and the infinite.
Crown Chakra Imbalance
If the crown chakra has an imbalance, it can lead to several repercussions.
We will describe some of crown chakra imbalances below:
- The crown chakra is connected to the spirit. If you have a chakra imbalance, you may disregard that which is sacred and spiritual.
- On the reverse side, if it is overactive, it may impose a certain disconnection with your sense of self.
- Being connected to your body and mind is important in everyday matters. It is important not to stress out and obsess about everyday matters.
- Although being spiritual can be beneficial, if it is imbalanced, one may actually end up obsessive over their spiritual endeavours.